Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
(Makes 3 good size pancakes)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop vanilla casein protein powder (I use optimum nutrition)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (adjust according to preference)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened carob chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Optional: 8 drops english toffee liquid stevia
- Optional: Pancake syrup (I use Walden Farm’s calorie free syrup)
Use a blender to blend all ingredients except for the carob chip, syrup, and non-stick cooking spray together. You can adjust the almond milk if you prefer a thicker batter.
Spray your pan with the cooking spray and spread a few tablespoons of your batter onto the pan. Drop some carob chips on top of your pancake and then cover the pan with a lid.
Cook one side on medium heat for 3 minutes then flip and cook for another minute.
Serve on a plate with a few tablespoons of syrup or even some peanut butter (for some healthy fats).
Having these feels like such a treat, but don’t worry they’re definitely clean! If I don’t have time in the morning, sometimes I’ll make them the night before and just toast them in the morning. They’re perfect for pre- or post- workout or just whenever :)